Baked Peach Maple-Caramel Oatmeal - Made with Fresh Farmers Market Peaches
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
2 Cups Gluten Free Rolled Oats
1/4 Cup Organic Coconut Sugar
1/2 Tsp. Sea Salt
1 Tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 Cup NaturAlmond Maple-Caramel Almond Butter
2 Cups Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
1 Large Organic Egg
3 Tbsp. Coconut Oil, melted
1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
1/4 Tsp. Almond Extract
5 Fresh Farmers Market Peaches, peeled and chopped
1 Additional Fresh Peach for the top of the dish (slice this one - it's prettier!)
Coconut Oil Spray (or an alternate baking spray if you prefer)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8 x 8 glass baking dish with coconut oil spray (or another baking spray)
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the oats, coconut sugar, baking powder, sea salt, and almond butter. Because the almond butter clumps when you mix it with dry ingredients, I used my hands to mix everything together (and eliminate as many clumps as possible). Another option you may try is to melt the almond butter and drizzle on top!
3. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the almond milk, egg, coconut oil, vanilla, and almond extract.
4. Arrange the chopped peaches on the bottom of the sprayed baking dish. Pour the oat mixture evenly over the peaches (and break any remaining clumps to the best of your ability). Follow by pouring the almond milk mixture over the oats. Gently tap the baking dish on the counter, allowing the ingredients to all settle evenly. Top with the remaining peach!
5. Bake for 40 minutes, or until the top is golden and the oatmeal is set and not runny. Let cool for 5-10 minutes and serve warm!
Warning: This is AMAZING. It was so delicious, I debated if I should even serve for brunch next time! The fresh peaches were so sweet, that honestly this could have been dessert....but really. The next time I make this dish, I am going to try it in small portions to serve with a homemade (dairy free) ice cream! YUM!
Reheating Tip: If you have leftovers, this dish is just as delicious reheated. Make sure you add a tablespoon/splash of almond milk so that it will be creamy.
Recipe Created By: Caitlin S. Davidson From Barbells + Bites www.barbellsandbites.com